If you are like most San Diego residents, you rarely, if ever, think about changing the air filter in your AC system! You may not even know how often it should be changed. Luckily, the team at Comfort Bros. has a few tips for you.
Tips for Spotting a Dirty Air Conditioning Filter
Paying attention to the following signs can help you determine when our air filter should be cleaned or replaced:
- The unit is too hot
- The air doesn’t feel cool
- Your electricity bill becomes higher and higher
- You have more frequent allergy episodes
- You can see dust collection on the air vents
If you notice any of the above issues, it’s time to clean or put a new air filter into your system.
How Often Should an HVAC filter be Replaced?
You may be wondering how often the air filter should be attended to. This will likely depend on who lives in your home.
More frequent filter changes are required when:
- People in your home are sensitive to allergens
- You have young children
- There are elderly people living with you
- Residents suffer from air-borne allergens
- You have a dog, cat, or other pets that create dander
- You live in an area that has high pollen production
If you don’t suffer from allergies, and you don’t have any of the above situations, simply follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for changing the air filter.
The Team at Comfort Bros. is Here to Help!
If you aren’t sure how to change the air filter, or if you simply don’t have time, give the team at Comfort Bros a call. We’ll be happy to service your system and install a clean filter for you.